Saturday, August 14, 2010

30 Days to Get to Know Me: Day 2

Today's Topic: A recent picture of me and 15 Interesting facts...


1. I have worked at UVU as the Assistant Director over the Intramural Department for 4 years now and have had 3 bosses in that time frame.
2. I am completely obsessed with the Jonas Brothers! I absolutely LOVE their music because it is clean good wholesome music. I one day plan on meeting them and letting them know how much their music means to me.
3. Reading is my number one passion... which is probably a great thing for someone who wants to get a master's in Library Science..
4. Genealogy is another big passion of mine. I love finding out about my ancestors! I try to focus a lot on their life history so that I really can feel a connection to them.
5. My current dream job would be to be an archivist up at the Family History Library in Salt Lake. That way I would be working in a library but also applying my passion of family history.
6. I am currently working on writing my life history out and making it into a book. I am hoping at this point to have one book that is focused on my life from birth until after getting divorced and then from there I will use my blog to keep track of my history.
7. My favorite TV Shows are: Jonas L.A. and Greek
8. My nephew was diagnosed with Muscular Dystrophy recently and I plan on being there for him and doing a LOT of fund raising to help him out.
9. I love photography! I want to get better at taking pictures and then keep doing what it takes to constantly improve.
10. I collect shot glasses... I got my first one when I was around 15 from my grandparents, who I think used them to do something with their medication. Since then I collect them whenever I travel somewhere and I also have a lot of friends who bring me one back from wherever they go on vacation.
11. I secretly love it when I am running errands with my niece and she looks at me and says, "Jaime... You're my mom." It makes me really smile! I also love getting compliments from others about what a "cute little girl I have"
12. I would love to start my own craft business. I get this from my mom, who at one time had her own business and used to have booths at craft shows. I grew up watching her do this and LOVED going to these shows and walking around.
13. I really want to learn to quilt. Not so much the intricate details of the stitching but doing all kinds of cool piecing. I found this blog where I found the cutest rag quilts and that will be my first project. I would love to do at least one for each season to drape over my couch in my future home.
14. I secretly (or sometimes not so secretly) really miss playing soccer and long to get back into it, and probably would if I could figure out a way to get my ankle to cooperate with me. It used to be a HUGE part of my life and losing it was really hard on me. It was probably one of the toughest decisions I have had to make.
15. For some reason I really love picture frames and would love to collect them. I found some unfinished wood ones for $1 at the craft store and want to make some really cute frames from them.

0 comments: