Saturday, May 29, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend...

Ever since I got really into family history this weekend has been one of my favorite of the year. I love being able to go to the cemetery and pay respect to those who have passed on. In the past my family (usually my mom, sisters and me) and my aunt's family (usually her and her 3 girls) meet together at the cemetery and take flowers. This year Whit was in Australia and Cori went camping with my brother so I was the only one from my family to go with my mom and my aunt's daughters were either out of town or too busy to come so it ended up being my mom, her sister Shauna and me that went. We ended up wandering all over the cemetery looking for the Smith side of the family... we were never able to find them. Personally I think they have disappeared from the cemetery. They were no where to be found. I need to find my map and see where they are located so that I can get some pictures of their graves. Here are some of the pictures that I took. I really LOVED the bird on the grave.... It had such pretty colors! The picture of the three of us was taken by some random lady. While we were walking around she stopped me and asked if I would take her groups picture. Once I was done she insisted on taking one of us.








0 comments: