Thursday, November 29, 2007

A Long Week

This week has had a lot of ups and downs for me. While parts of the week have flown by, a lot of it has dragged on. At the end of last week I started coming down with a cold, which always drains me and so I have spent most of the week exhausted just from that. Work has also been really tiring. With it getting to the end of the semester I have been busy wrapping the semester up and getting everything ready to go for next semester. All of my reports needed to get turned in by today and they can be really stressful to work on. Another thing is that I have been really struggling with getting my work study co-workers to sign up to work events. It seems like they are all busy at the same time. Last year just seemed to run so much more smoothly in this area. After a ton of deliberation I have decided that I am running next semester differently and they may be in for an awakening by having to take on a little bit more responsibility. I think I am also a bit more stressed out this week because I am having a hard time falling asleep because I keep getting anxious, this is the worst part of the things I have to deal with from the past few years. I hate having the flashbacks and panicking over nothing most of the time...

On the flip side I had an amazing day on Tuesday. I ended up going up to the Wasatch Campus in Heber to help out with their Stress Busters. I got to work early and got everything ready to go (which is so unlike me). I got paid to have fun. The campus there does not have very many students so most of the time I helped Melanie out by coloring kits to give to the day care. When I wasn't coloring I was getting some of the guys to play frisbee golf (I have never seen anyone as bad as they were, and I spent a lot of time laughing about it). I also got a free lunch and a massage. It was totally worth the trip. Also while I was up there... I saw Mark Eaton, boy is he tall! After coming home I was invited to go to the first home game for the Utah Flash. Ron had extra tickets and I have a hard time passing up a sporting event. Going places with Ammon and Ron are always interesting.... I had a blast there!

This about sums up my week! I think the best thing is that tomorrow is Friday and that means Rykert will be here. I absolutely love him and love spending time with him!

0 comments: