Sunday, December 6, 2009

Weekend Getaway...

The past couple weeks have been really stressful between Whit and me. I really needed to get away so Kim came and picked me up on Saturday morning and I went and spent the weekend with her in Riverton. It was really nice to have a break.

Once getting up to Riverton we decided to go window shopping. I love being able to walk around and look at cute clothes! I found the most adorable skirt at Downeast Outfitters. I was really sad when they didn't have my size... After walking around for a while I found a Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory. I was super excited because it is the place that Whit and I love to go to in St. George and get our caramel apples! Its nice to know that we can visit it every time we go and pick the kids up!

After shopping we decided that we were in the mood to go and look at pet stores. Both Kim and I love chinchilla's so we went in search of some. We found the cutest little chinchilla!

We then decided that we wanted to go and pick up on some guys... However first we went and visited IKEA (I had never been there and was very excited to finally go). I totally fell in love with a red loveseat.... After looking around I decided that I really want to decorate my future house in red and black. I totally love IKEA and can't wait to go back! We then went and explored Walmart (because according to Kim's brother Brandon that is where the guys hang out.... We probably shouldn't have listened to a 17 year old boy though). We ended up not picking up on any guys cause we couldn't find any cute ones.

Later on we went back to Kim's and watched a couple of movies and then decided we really needed a Mexican coke fix.... so off we went in search of Mexican coke. It didn't take long to find it and we bought most of the store's supply of it.

Today we went to Kim's ward to sacrament meeting and to sunday school then we went back to her place to nap. She actually did have some pretty cute guys in her ward.... however, when they got up during testimony meeting it hit me how young they really were. I have never been to a testimony meeting dedicated to mission stories until now. I think every guy who got up talked about recently returning home from the mission and went on about stories from the mission. Boy did I feel old!

After "napping" Kim brought me back home. Of course we couldn't pass up the opportunity to once again drive by the military base. Neither of us can resist a man in uniform ;)... We ended up getting deep into conversation and missing our exit off the freeway. We almost made it to Springville before we realized. So that was my amazing weekend getaway in a nutshell. Thanks Kim for letting me come spend the weekend with you!

0 comments: