Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Disappointment...

So last night my sister's and I decided to go to the movies... We were slightly bored and had nothing that we had to get up for early so we hit two movies. I had been feeling a little down because of a situation I recently went through so I really wanted to see a movie with a happy ending. I had been dying to see 500 Days of Summer and thought that maybe it would be a happy ending.... Boy was I wrong!After watching the movie it got me to thinking about how real the story was. How many times a person gets in a relationship and it doesn't work out. I have spent most of my life being like Tom and feeling that I would feel completely happy and complete once finding that one person I want to share the rest of my life with. However.... Recently I have started to take on the attitude of Summer.... I am not really sure I believe in love anymore. I am getting tired of the pain I go through when each guy I date turns out to once again be a jerk.... For once why can't I find a nice guy to like me instead of the jerk or the player? I quit dating after my last horrible relationship about 2 1/2 years ago. In the last 2 1/2 years I have been on one date (by my own choice) and I almost wish I wouldn't have gone on that date 2 weeks ago. After watching this movie I have decided that I am really going to focus on myself this next year and forget about finding "Mr. Right" because honestly he probably doesn't exist.

1 comments:

Becky said...

I randomly read your blog.. hope you don't mind me leaving a comment.. I think 'the perfect guy' doesn't really exist. What is important to some people, isn't to others.. ya know? For example, my husband has a quick temper. That's an absolute NO for some people. But he calms down quickly and he is more than willing to apologize if he was being dumb or in the wrong. Lots of guys won't do that. He's not super good with little kids- he hates crying.. but he tells me all the time how much he appreciates me handling it. He works hard and has a strong work ethic. We just balance each other out. I don't know. My advice is to figure out what REALLY matters to you. Mine is that Drew makes me laugh and he does that ALL the time. It works for us. Hope you find Prince Charming soon!!