Saturday, August 9, 2008

Lisa and Todd's Wedding and Other Tales...

The day before the wedding...

My aunt invited us to come down to Mt. Pleasant and stay with them the day before my cousin Lisa got married. We left Provo a little after noon and got to Mt. Pleasant around 1:30 ish. It was actually a pretty nice drive. Once getting there we had to go into the backyard and see my aunts ducks and chickens... What an experience (especially for Whits). After the whole chicken incident the girls took off for a walking tour of the town and then headed off to Terrells (which I think is the only grocery store in the town)... they have the best bakery in the whole world! We ended up pigging out on some peanut butter bars, raspberry rolls and eclaires. We spent the rest of the night watching the finishing touches being done...

After our long car ride
The Malone girls in Mt. Pleasant
My aunts ducks...
My all time favorite picture! No one would help her because we were all laughing so hard about her getting attacked by Stumpy the chicken!


The night before the wedding...

Lisa showing off her bouquet!
Todd helping his mom make all the flower arrangements
Getting ready for bed.... on my aunts couch

The wedding morning...

Todd picking Lisa up to head to the temple
Walking out the door
Pulling out of the driveway


This was the first temple sealing that I have been to. I was really excited to see what they were like. The temple sealer gave an amazing talk! The one thing that really stood out was when he started talking about his son getting married a few years before and he was sealed by someone in the seventy. The man who sealed them had a meeting with President Hinckley right before he sealed them. He told President Hinckley that he was heading to seal a couple. President Hinckley told him to "make it stick"... I love this comment! The whole ceremony hit me hard when they were pronounced them husband and wife for all eternity. At this point I looked at Todd and he was crying. This started tears pouring down my face as well. Those words are so powerful! I long for the time that I can find a man that looks at me and loves me the way that Todd loves Lisa!

My uncle and cousins waiting outside the temple
Whits outside the temple waiting for Lisa and Todd
The happy couple coming out of the temple
Lisa hugging her sister Kristine
Right outside the temple doors
Aren't they so cute?
Walking to get pictures taken
Lisa and Todd
My cousin Eric and his wife Angela at the temple
Lisa and Todd and their parents
My cousin and her family
Leaving the Manti temple


After the temple ceremony we all headed over to the chapel for a luncheon. We were the first to arrive so we had some fun with the camera. It was a really good luncheon. They had a dutch oven place cater it. We had chicken cordon bleu, pork roast, potatoes, rolls, green beans and a salad. It was at the luncheon that I noticed one of Todd's friends. He was pretty cute. I made a comment to my mom... who made a comment to her sister... who made a comment to Lisa. It was a bit embarrassing but oh well... that's life. Down below you will see this friend in a few pictures. :)

In the car... driving from the temple to the luncheon
The table decorations
My cousin Kristine dancing with her boyfriend John
Whits and Janae having fun
The three girls
Before the luncheon
My mom and her sister Shauna
At the luncheon
My cousin Eric and his wife Angela



After the luncheon we all went back to my aunt's house and hung out until the reception. My mom and a few others went and cut fruit and cheese in the kitchen while the rest of us sat in the living room and watched a movie that my aunt and family filmed of my grandparents, a few months before my grandpa passed away. It was really nice to be able to watch them and remember the good times.

Todd's dad helping out in the kitchen
Todd working on a slide show and Lisa watching him

Lisa posing for the camera

Posing for the camera while watching a video of my grandparents


The reception started at 6 pm. It was planned to be at a family friends house, with a backup at the church in case of bad weather. We got over to Ed's house a little early and helped set some things out and then went inside to make the chicken salad sandwiches. A little after 6 the rain came pouring down. Everything ended up getting decently wet. Thank goodness it only lasted for about 10 minutes. Here are a few of the pictures we took at the reception:
At the reception
Lisa and Todd at their reception
Janae under the carport during the rain storm
Cori and Whits posing for the camera
Whits helping me out!

0 comments: