Thursday, June 24, 2010

Interesting things...

Over the last couple days I have seen some really interesting things in our yard. We had this huge dandelion in our backyard. Cori and I saw it and I just had to take the picture before Cori took off with it and blew it out in the street.
Later on in the day I was out in the front yard and I saw these weird bugs on my mom's flowers. I thought they were really interesting. The body looks like a potato bug but they have the coloring of a lady bug. I tried taking pictures but they really didn't come out very clear. No one had ever seen them before. I finally decided to look them up because my mom was concerned they were eating her flowers or doing some sort of damage to them. I found out they are called seven spotted ladybug beetles. They eat stuff that harms the plants so I guess we will be keeping them...

0 comments: