Sunday, July 5, 2009

4th of July Weekend

Every year for the 4th of July my family has a tradition of saving places for the parade. Somehow it ends up being Whitney and me going and doing the saving. This year we left at 10:00 am to make sure that we were able to get good places. This year they actually held to the rules and no one could set up until 3 pm. We spent the afternoon sitting in the car and then in the shade waiting for 3 to roll around. Luckily we were able to get the places that we wanted. Whitney's friends Tasha and Dom were supposed to come and take our places so that we could go home and get ready. They ended up taking their time and we ended up asking another set of her friends (who ended up sitting next to us) if they would watch it until they got there. We went back later on in the evening and hung out. Our bishop told us that he would be down the street from us so we went and saw him. He ended up buying us dinner from his brother's restaurant. It was some really good food. I had fried pickles for the first time in forever! Later that night it ended up pouring rain and soaking us all. Luckily we had a card table there which all 5 (Whitney, Cori, Tasha, Dom and I) of us got under and waited the rain out. Ammon went and got my mom and the kids early in the morning and we had a blast at the parade. Here are some of our pictures from saving places and of the parade...



































Stadium of Fire...

I went to the Stadium of Fire for the first time this year. Whitney really wanted to go and see the Jonas Brothers and got me to agree to go. We had been watching them on the Disney Channel in their new show Jonas. I finally agreed to go and we went and got tickets a week before the concert. I am now totally in love with them! I had such a great time there! Here are some of the pictures that we took and some of the videos of the songs that we love...















Jet Fly Over


Paranoid


Hold On


Play My Music

Align Center
Love Bug


Sweet Caroline


When You Look Me in the Eyes

Align Center
Year 3000

Fireworks

0 comments: