Monday, April 27, 2009

Decisions...

As some people know, I am not very happy with the way my life is going. I feel like I am going no where and am in fact stagnant. Once realizing this I knew that I needed to make some changes. Because of this I dragged Whitney down to Cedar City over Spring Break to check out SUU. I really feel like I should go back to school and get a degree in something I really love. I find nothing wrong with my degree in Social Work, except that I don't want to do anything in the field. Since my trip down to Cedar I have since registered for classes down there, but have decided that I really don't want to move down there, so for the next two semesters (Fall and Spring) I am taking online classes so that I can adjust to going back to school. I have since then decided that I don't want to work on another Bachelor's degree but it is time to finally move on and get a Master's. In order for me to do this I need to take the GRE test, which is one thing I have been avoiding. I have started looking at Grad schools. It is just my luck that the only school in Utah that has a Master's degree in History is the U of U, which is a school that I would never attend. I have now begun to look for schools outside of Utah. I am hoping to find a school back East (hopefully in Boston) since that is where all of our (US) history began and US History is what I would love to emphasis in. We will see how these plans go!

0 comments: