Monday, February 16, 2009

Goblin Valley Adventures...

The day before President's Day I was invited to go and spend the next day down at Goblin Valley. I had never been there before and I figured it would be a fun way to spend the holiday, which also happened to be my birthday. I really wasn't excited to be turning 27 and wanted to forget that I am starting to get really old. I woke up early and met half the group over at the Pike's house around 7:45. We then went and met the other half. I was happy that Adriane went with me so that I knew one person really well. We ended up sticking together the whole time. On the way down I ended up sitting next to this really weird boy who was overly excited about life and he pretty much scared me. The group decided to play a game of pick your favorite US President and tell about him. I have never seen people so happy to play a random game. I felt so out of place the whole way down.

The group decided to stop along the way and get some Subway sandwiches and fill up on gas. My mom and sisters called me right at that moment and sang "happy birthday" just to embarrass me. One of the girls overheard and soon the group learned that it was my birthday. One of the boys ended up buying my food for me, which was really nice of him. They also bought a box of doughnuts for us to have as my birthday treat.

Once getting down to Goblin Valley we explored a little bit and then the group decided to play a bunch of games. I really am not big on games, especially games where there is running and hiding involved (one day I will get my ankle to be completely better so that I can run again)... I was glad when this didn't last for long and we decided to take pictures and go hiking. We did this for a few hours and then reluctantly made our way back home. On the way back the group decided that they wanted to have a dance party and so they pulled over in a little town, in an LDS Church parking lot and cranked up the music and had fun dancing... Overall I had an amazing birthday and am glad that I went!

The view from the car...
Another view from the car...
The group climbing on some of the rocks...
They decided to have some fun doing different poses for the camera...


The Eagle rock that I found...

The group looking through the little window...
Adriane and Me at the window...
Me with the turtle...
The group decided to see who could keep their arms up the longest...
I really liked the look of this tree...
Some of the group members hiking...
Adriane...

There were all kinds of fossil looking shapes in the rocks...



Our little snowman...
The boys decided to try to scare anyone who happened by this place...
Jon making a snow angel...
Nick and Adriane...

0 comments: