Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Jonas Brothers Weekend...

For those of you who don't know I have OJD, or more commonly known as Obsessive Jonas Disorder. Basically I am in love with the band Jonas Brothers. I listen to their music all the time, I have their new movie, I watch their television show Jonas religiously every Sunday night. Don't worry.... I get it on a daily basis that I am too old to be liking this "teeny bopper" group, however I feel that it is okay every now and then to act young and I will continue to love the Jonas boys! Anyway... Whitney and I went and saw them at the Stadium of Fire and I LOVED the concert so much that I decided I wanted to go to another one, so off to Vegas we went. We left early on Friday morning and drove down to Cedar City and over to SUU to look at the books I would need for my two online classes. Right as we were pulling onto campus we saw a couple of hicks on their bikes. One of them was staring at Whitney and we found it to be pretty funny. We got into the bookstore and a few minutes later we noticed them walk in. It was the funniest thing! So we went downstairs and looked at my books and then decided to take Cori on a tour of the campus. After the tour we got back in the car to head for our final stop for the night St. George.... Once again on our way off the campus we ran into these guys and since we were in the car Whitney got brave and waved to the one who had been staring at her. He made the gesture for her to call him. It was funny. Here are some of the pictures we took in Cedar City:

In the car getting ready to leave...
At SUU...


Whitney by "her" Education building...
Cori by the science building...
We loved this area!


The Bell Tower...

To be or not to be....

That is the question....
I loved the saying "Learning lives forever"!
Standing under my saying...


So after Cedar we drove down to St. George to spend the night. We checked into our motel (Motel 6) on St. George Blvd and then got dressed in our swimming clothes and took off to do some sightseeing and go soak in the sun and water over by the tabernacle. The first stop was the Tuacahn so that my sisters could see what the theater looked like. After that we went down to the tabernacle but felt a bit out of place (we were the only ones there without kids with us) so we left and went shopping. We of course had to stop and get our favorite snack (the caramel apples). After getting our snack we went and spent the rest of the evening in our motel room, it was WAY too hot to be outside. Here are a few of the pictures we took in St. George:
At the Tuacahn....

At the tabernacle swimming area...
Our apples...

On Saturday we woke up early and made our way down to Vegas. We got there around 1 and weren't able to check into our hotel until 3 so we went and walked the strip. Our first stop was Mandalay Bay, we wanted to know where we needed to go for the concert that night. After we figured that out we went walking outside, which was a huge mistake because it was a little hotter than it was the night before in St. George and we were dying of heat. We made our way over to the Coke factory to get some drinks. I was so happy to see that they had Coke from Mexico this time! After getting our drinks we went back to the car and went and checked in to the hotel and got ready for the concert. We left our place at 5:30 and went back over to Mandalay Bay. On our way we stopped and ate some pizza and then went and stood in line to get in. Once we finally got in we were told that our tickets were up in the suite. We loved our seats! The concert was absolutely amazing! It was so much better than the one they performed here at the Stadium of Fire! Here are our pictures from our day in Vegas:







Honor Society...


We love the bonus Jonas!
Wonder Girls...
Jordin Sparks...

Yay! The Jonas Brothers!...










I <3 Kevin Jonas!



I think it is pretty sexy that Kevin can play the guitar and the piano!

Us after the concert...


On Sunday we decided to get an early start on our trip home. We got up and ready and left Vegas by 10:30. We drove to St. George and ate lunch and then I drove straight from St. George home without stopping (which is a first for me!) We made it home around 5:30, so we made pretty good timing. Here are a couple pictures from the rest of our trip:





1 comments:

Ben and Becky said...

hey there! cute blog! I hope you don't mind, I saw your blog link on the phs 2000 web site! Looks like you had a fun trip in vegas, you lucky girl! ps. this is becky (boot) miller :)